7/27/2016

Open Letter To The Impaired Medium





 PSA: Rant Ahead


Now I would like to begin this story by stating that I am as thick skinned as they get. I don't take much to heart and when I do, I won't be showing how much it bothers me. There are only a few areas in life that I will not tolerate:

1. Mistreating any animals
2. Disrespect
3. Saying unnecessary things about my loved ones


So this day started out like any other, K and I were going to babysit his youngest brother and his best friend for the day. We were going to have a nice day eating pizza, catching pokemon, and going to the pool. 


Everything went according to plan up until the pool. As soon as we got there we noticed that there was a very drunk couple in their mid 40's hanging out by the pool with their young daughter, I didn't think much of it, after all it was a nice sunny day and maybe they were just trying to have a good time on their day off. Well we had barely sat our stuff down before the lady and the man decided to start having a conversation with K and I. Not that it was much of a conversation, but out of courtesy we were willing to entertain them for a bit. 


They talked about how they had moved from California to Florida and how different the water was here compared to there etc. Meanwhile I coaxed the boys to go play with the girl, she seemed awfully lonely and bored with the fact that her parents weren't playing with her. Meanwhile K and I decided to move to the other end of the pool because the couple were acting like a bunch of fools. 


After laying by the pool for awhile I noticed that they had been joined by another maybe thirty something male who seemed hesitant to be hanging out with them. The lady immediately started jumping and hanging on to the guy in the pool as her husband reassured the guy that he really doesn't mind it at all. The guy was protesting this lady's advances anyway, saying how he didn't feel comfortable with the couples child watching their mother hang on to him like that. 

A little while later as I was heading out to grab some sunscreen for everyone, I saw the girl bust her butt while running. I walked over to her to see if she was alright and offering to help her with her scraped knees, meanwhile her parents looked and ignored that fact that their daughter was hurt. It was at this point when I began to be annoyed. How could two people be so uncaring for their child and be on god knows what in their child's presence? How could they not even make sure that their daughter  was alright? 


After I made sure she was alright and had returned with the sunscreen, I decided to move on and try to forget about the couples behavior, it wasn't worth dwelling on it. But as if to further annoy me the lady yelled over and told me she saw an old lady around me, a spirit of sorts. She asked me if I had lost my grandmother to which I replied I had. Now that was probably the moment when I should have told her to mind her business or that I didn't want to talk about it, my grandmother is a sore subject and something I still have not come to terms with. Of course this also happened the day after I had been thinking about her. She continued to tell me things my "grandmother" was saying to me and how proud she was of me. She asked me about my relationship with her and took shots in the dark when trying to guess something about our past. 


I was more than annoyed at this point, she was relentless about this, even after I was very obviously irritated. I wanted to tell her that she knew NOTHING about my relationship with my grandmother and how she couldn't possibly phantom how much I loved her. Finally she did end up moving on to her next drunken activity but the annoyance and grief stuck with me. We ended up leaving the pool right after and it wasn't until I came home and took a shower that I had to realize that I shouldn't give this lady the time of day. She was belligerent and a fool and I should leave her in her own worth. 

One thing she was right about, my grandmother is always with me, whether that be in my thoughts or my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment