6/13/2016

Why We Do It



I wrote last week about my journey to try to start working out, what I had accomplished, and how I had felt lately. This past week I have been slacking, it is so disappointing when you were doing so good at attaining a goal you set for yourself and then you start to lose sight of what you are trying to accomplish.
Work is one of my biggest obstacles.
I had a big week last week and was not getting home until about 6 or 7 at night and at that point it is a game of catch up with preparing dinner, getting showered, and tidying up the house. It's truly exhausting when you feel like all you do is work and sleep and there comes a point in time where you just have to suck it up for a little bit and then pick back up from where you left off. So that is exactly what I did, I picked back up where I left off.
I had an awesome short day at work and was lucky enough to get home by 12, how nice was that for a monday! I fell into laziness at first when I plopped down on the couch and started watching tv, but after a nice lunch and maybe too small of a digestion time, I 
decided it was time to get my butt up and moving. 


I started off with some awesome yoga stretches like the pigeon and corpse (lazy I know!) and proceeded to start lifting my 15 pound weight, incorporating some squats into my session. That feeling I got afterwards, I almost forgot just how great it feels. The feeling of tension and anxiety just starting to melt away with each rep I did and soon I found my body and mind at ease and peace.

For the longest time I couldn't figure out how people stay motivated to keep working out, but it is that feeling you get right after a good workout of accomplishment and hard work that makes it all worth it. They aren't lying when they say exercise is the best anxiety medicine. Not only does working out give that special attention to your body, it also makes you feel so aware of how you felt beforehand, what normal felt like before you started doing something for yourself. 

Don't give up on your hobbies or goals, even if you start to fall behind or miss a few workouts. You can always pick right back up where you left off and no one will think any less of you. 

That's the beauty of life, you are the only person who you need to impress, everyone else is just background noise.

No comments:

Post a Comment