5/24/2016

Garnier Nutrisse Nourishing Color Creme Review

I always end up putting off dyeing my hair like 3 more months than I had originally planned. It just gets to the point where I think to myself, maybe I can deal with my roots showing a week or two more, which then turns into me not caring for many more weeks. I have naturally blond hair that has varied from platinum blond to a dirty blond throughout my life, so it's not like my roots ever look that drastic when they grow out.


 I would however probably never go back to my original hair color. 



Anyway I realized that it was indeed time to dye my hair again. The problem however was that the last time I had dyed my hair at home, my hair had been fried. I try to take good care of my hair, god knows I do. I have witnessed too many people ruin their precious locks for vanity and I was not about to join that crowd. I did some research online (because what else could you possibly trust more) and saw that garnier nutrisse was all across the board people's fav go-to dye when it came to gentle hair dye. I had usually always gone the loreal route because it's a brand I know and trust, but with a price tag of 6.99 for garnier, I had to try it.



 The product description that you can find here:
 Garnier Nutrisse is the only permanent haircolor creme that nourishes with grape seed and avocado oil. The nourishing color creme enriched with fruit oil concentrate, penetrates deep into hair fibers to nourish and condition your hair so it takes color better and holds it longer, root-to-tip. Garnier Nutrisse delivers rich, long-lasting color with 100% gray coverage.


Now I was a bit skeptic as to how gentle this would actually be on my hair, at the end of the day I am still using chemicals to essentially bleach my hair. Nonetheless I stayed optimistic to the end.

The prep was the same as it is for any other at home box color. You pretend to be a scientist and mix all your ingredients together and shake well, simple enough. It should also be noted that this should be applied to unwashed hair for best results, trust me.

 The actual application was simple and easy as well, although it is said to be a non-drip formula, it still dripped. This could have just been how not concerned I was with being careful! Anyway I spread this onto my roots first, making sure to get the back of my head well too, I am so scared that I won't get even coverage back there since I can't see there and all, so this is where most of the product ends up being applied.

After the roots are done, you will need to find something relatively entertaining to do for 25 min and then come back and use the rest on your ends. Only keep it on for 5 minutes, your total process should only take 30 min, and then rinse. Rinse like you have never rinsed before. You will also find a handy avocado oil conditioner that you should lather your hair with and let it sit for two min.


And Voila! 


I loved the results I got! My hair didn't seem fried or dehydrated at all, on the contrary it looked shiny and bouncy. The color came out perfect and not an ounce of brassiness was to be found, it's always such a hit or miss when it comes to these things.  I would definitely recommend this!



No comments:

Post a Comment