3/11/2016

My Top 5 Tips To Get Your Writing Flowing Again





So it happened, writers block has made it's undesired return! So I guess I could write a blog post about __ blog prompts to write about when you have nothing to write about, but as much as you can use those as a resource, you may also find that if the passion is not there, you are not going to write quality content.


I was feeling a bit burnt out lately and was having a hard time coming up with subjects to write about. There is about a billion and one things I could write about but that's the beauty of writers block, none of those ideas are thought of and none of them strike you as interesting. So when I was trying to gain back my inspiration to blog, I stumbled across one of those a year of blog post ideas posts. I looked through the list and realized, sure, these are great ideas and may work for some, but none of them really felt like they were me, you know?


So what are my tried and true remedies for being burnt out?



1. Don't stress about it- take a few days off, don't even think about blogging! The more you wrack your brain over it, the more pressure you will feel to write. If your heart is not in it, don't go for it.


2. Continue about your regular days- I promise after a few days of not thinking about blogging you will start to look at things and think things like "oh! That would make a great picture for a post!" or mid conversation you might think "Hey! That would be an awesome post idea!"





3. Write a draft- Write a post and don't post it. Whether you get just one sentence down and give up or write the whole thing, don't post it. Come back to it, perfect it, own that post and make it the best one yet. I have noticed when I truly take my time with a post, it ends up being the best one I have written and the numbers agree!


4. Start being more active in everyday life- Go out and experience the world! Why would you have anything to write about if your not living your life as you should. Boring people will write boring posts!



(Check out all the pictures from my road trip here and here)



5. Get a second or third opinion- Sometimes all you need to do is have someone to brainstorm with, someone who can give you a fresh outlook on things! K has given me many ideas and I have gotten motivated and turned them into my own. He'll literally just start dropping ideas and they will keep flowing, why? Because he is not under the pressure I put myself under. Have a second person proof read and give their honest opinion of the post as well. You'll see that they make some valid points!


Happy Blogging!

No comments:

Post a Comment