2/11/2016

Why Having Anxiety Is The Worst

I've been debating for quite some time about writing this post and opening up about the realities of anxiety. It is such a common problem people have, yet it is still looked at as a cliche, something that is not all that big of a deal. Which is true, but then again it is the most terrifying thing all at once. I decided to list off all the reasons anxiety is the worst.


1. The times it hits are usually the most inconvenient- I get it, there is really no "convenient" time to start feeling anxious and freak out, but there are better places for it to happen other than on your way to work, as your laying down to sleep, while your in a meeting, etc.


2. The reasons as to why your feeling anxious- Oh I just had a random thought about feeling anxious or maybe there isn't even a reason as to why you are in the first place. Either way super frustrating!


3. Losing precious sleep- Your anxiety does not give a damn whether you have an early morning or just got done with a long hard day, if your body decides it time to freak out, well, we abide. The countless nights I have kept myself awake or had K stuck dealing with me.


4. Feeling like a nuisance- There are times when I wake up in the middle of the night and feel anxious but would rather deal with it then wake up K. Not that he would ever turn down helping me, matter of fact he loves to help me in any which way he can, it just the fact that I feel like he deals with it too often. I don't want him to have to deal with my craziness all the time!


5. Thinking you have it under control- Then you don't. For the past few years I thought I had mastered the art of keeping my anxiety under control, lately it has been coming back with two times the force and none of the old tricks are working. It truly makes you feel helpless and trapped inside your own body. 





Things that help me get through it:


1. Talking- K has learned that I need to rant and vent if I feel anxious. He will not interrupt me or tell me I am being crazy. He listens and tries to figure it out with me, and that is one of the greatest things I can feel when I am anxious, that I have the help I need, no judgments.


2. Getting up- Sometimes you have to pace, sometimes you have to walk out of wherever you are be it at a restaurant or meeting or bed. Proving to myself that I am not trapped anywhere and that I am free to go as I please helps greatly.


3. Eating- Lol! I feel like whenever I feel sick to my stomach or anxious that eating helps. It takes my mind of things and as long as I am not eating unhealthily I'm doing alright, right?


4. Yoga- Some simple yoga poses and stretches can really calm me down in my time of need. 


5. Don't distract, confront- Sometimes the best thing to do is not run away from the feeling of feeling anxious. Sometimes you need to recognize that you are having anxiety, that this is a normal reaction to a feeling you are feeling. Nothing lasts forever and this is the opportune time to figure out what is going on with you mentally, physically, and try to map out what your triggers could be.




No comments:

Post a Comment