12/20/2015

Road Trip Comes To A Close



So guys... I failed at the whole post once a day everyday for my road trip! Truth is, I was so exhausted by the time we had lugged all of our stuff upstairs to our hotel rooms and walked the dogs we were shot. So sorry guys but stuff happens and I am here to tell you all about it now as I am comfortably in bed at our destination in Florida!


So where we left on in my last post (See it here!) I had just gotten to Saint George, Utah. 

Day 3

That third morning is when the exhaustion really set it. My whole body was aching and any amount of sleep I got was never enough to feel rested the next day. At this point the idea of another day on the road seemed daunting to me, but hey, what else can you do other than get to where you are needing to go. We decided that our next stop would be Albuquerque, New Mexico. I always found that driving through New Mexico can be a little boring and after the sights we had seen on the first two days it was kind of a let down. What I took away from New Mexico is cops. There were police literally everywhere!


(Colorado River)



Day 4 & Day 5

We were off to Dallas, Texas! K has never been a big fan of Texas but I have always had a soft spot for the area. I wish there was more to say about these days but there really wasn't much to it other than driving and sleeping! Same goes for Louisiana, Mississippi and Alabama!  


Today was our first day back and I had been invited to a yearly tea party that K's family plans out for all the women in the family! I'll post more about that tomorrow! I hope you guys have had a great weekend and are as excited for Christmas as I!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment