10/12/2015

5 Things To Do Now To Help Find Your Happiness Later

Life is a long and perilous journey. The ultimate goal for most people is to acquire happiness in their lifetime, that could be anything from money, health or just your overall life happiness. The truth of the matter is, you are the only one who can make you happy, no one else can do it for you, but there are things you can start to do now and I mean right now, to help you find your happiness.






1. Learn to love yourself- as the saying goes you can't love someone else until you love yourself. Find time for yourself, reserve a ME day and love it. Go eat lunch by yourself at your favorite restaurant, watch a sappy movie you love but would never admit it to anyone else, put on that facemask and eat a box of chocolates if you feel like it. Don't judge yourself, be yourself, love yourself, date yourself.



2. Pick up a hobby- Go solo or grab your friend and go to that yoga class you have been talking about and make time to do it every week. So many of us spend whatever free time we have sitting on the couch watching t.v. or just going through the motions of the day that we forget about our health, our happiness, and ourselves. 






3. Spend time with your friends- Don't become a hermit just because you have a busy schedule. Stay in touch with those friends of yours because if you don't then why be friends at all. Something as simple as brunch every month can keep your friendships solid and golden. Too many of us let each other drift away.



4. Be kind- I know it is easy to be cranky first thing in the morning or when you get home after a long day of work but fake it till you make it dear. You can actually trick your brain into being happier when you feel cranky, so why even waste your precious time feeling the way you do. Put on your happy music, say good morning with a smile, and always be kind. Your smile could turn someone's day around.



5. Be a sponge- You should always be learning and exercising that mind. Read the news everyday, solve sudoku,do a crossword puzzle, the options are limitless! Your brain needs the exercise and quite frankly the day you say you know it all, is the day you quit improving yourself.

  


"When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down 'happy'. They told me I didn't understand the assignment, I told them they didn't understand life"
-John Lennon

No comments:

Post a Comment