9/30/2015

My Nighttime Routine




 
My relationship with my skin has been a love hate thing, we can never seem to come to a compromise on what it should be doing. At a young age I had horrible eczema, I'm talking such dry skin that I was constantly covered in a rash and scabs but mostly on my arms and the back of my knees. This all subsided once I grew to be older but I have to constantly make sure that my poor skin stays moisturized and happy. Another skin issue I had was acne, not horrible but enough to bother me A LOT. Still struggling with it even though it was supposed to be done and over it once I got through my teenage years. It is still a work in progress but has been getting better and better as time goes by. So I thought I would share with you guys what I do as my nighttime ritual.

  
So first things first I have to wash my face!
  • St.Ives Apricot Scrub- So this is my go to for when I need a very deep clean, this baby has salicylic acne medication in it so it does wonders to keep my blemishes under control! It is oil-free and non-comedogenic which is essential for me. I use this about once or twice a week being at it is kind of harsh on my sensitive skin to be used everyday. Also huge plus smells so good!
  • St.Ives Oatmeal Scrub and Mask- This is rated as a gentle exfoliater so it is not too tough on the skin. I use this one most often throughout my week and love the way it makes my skin feel soft and smooth without feeling tight afterwards. Also it can be used as a mask which I have yet to do because I just honestly am too impatient when I am getting ready for bed. Oatmeal is also notoriously good for your skin so you know you cannot go wrong with this one.
  • Last but not least Noxzema Deep Cleansing Cream- Is it just me or do you love products that give you a tingly sensation on your skin? So this is something I use when my skin is irritated or I just want something super gentle on my skin. This effectively washes away all my makeup but the only con which I don't know could even be considered a con is the fact that it leaves my hands with residue which can be solved by washing your hands with soap.


And after that...

  • Dickinson's Original Witch Hazel- Now I went on a brief go all-natural kick that ended just as abruptly as it started but this toner really stuck with me. Not only is Witch Hazel mad good for your skin but it doesn't strip away the oils in your skin like some other toners tend to do, also it does not dry out my skin. If you give this a whirl I strongly suggest you get the Witch Hazel make-up wipes as well because they are the bomb. Now a word of warning if you have never smelt Witch Hazel before it can be a little stinky but nothing unbearable and nothing that sticks!
  • Clean&Clear Dual Action Moisturizer- So this is my go to nighttime moisturizer and has been quite frankly for the past 4 years at least. This is another product that contains salicylic acid acne medication and is super light weight on your skin. Also sometimes gives me that tingly sensation on my face that I love oh so much!



 Now this is just a bonus I add for my nighttime routine. So I recently purchased this from bath and body works and have fallen in love. When all is said and done and I change into my night wear and light up my scented candles, I reach for this and lather up my arms and chest and it does wonders. It gets me in such a relaxed state of mind and gets me ready for bedtime!

No comments:

Post a Comment